Every Monday Rudra Abhishek at 6:30pm – 8:00pm . Click here to Sponsor
Dear Shiv Mandir Pariwar,
We would like to wish all of you a Happy Chaitra Navaratri, Gudi Padwa and Ugadi.
It has been 2 weeks since the COVID-19 outbreak has affected Shiv Mandir operations. Even in this tough times of self-isolation our Priests and Committee members have done everything possible to keep the regular Pooja’s, Aarti’s and Rudrabhishek continuing (especially bringing Rudrabhishek live through Facebook for all of us).
Following are few updates we would like to give:
- Work is progressing well as we speak. Our construction team is going out to the site and working with the builder to keep the work going on
- They have finished the sheet rock and some painting.
- They are also working on Landscaping
- The low voltage and Audio/Visual Cabling is going on right now.
- Check this link for the latest Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hs87CQWqnNDjW1tM7
- We are closely monitoring the everyday situation and based on the CDC recommendations, we feel it’s best not to perform any onsite pooja’s. Our priests and committee members are taking utmost care of cleaning the Mandir on a daily basis.
- Our priests are coming to the Mandir on a daily basis and performing Pooja’s and Aarti and Rudrabhishek. They have been chanting Hanuman Chalisa 3 times and Mrutyunjaya Jap 21 Times every day at 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Our committee is working on trying to find different options to bring any Pooja’s online or live for all of you to see.
SUPPORT YOUR MANDIR:
- As you all know Shiv Mandir and its priests depend on your generous support or donations. Mandir revenue during these tough times is almost Zero and we seek your support in form of donations to keep up with the Rent, Priests Salaries and other operational expenses. You can donate generously by going online to www.shivmandiratlanta.org and click on Donate button on top or you can send in your checks to Shiv Mandir Inc 325 Lester Rd NW, Suite B, Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- You can also be a sponsor for Rudrabhishek and our priest will perform pooja by doing Sankalp on your name and Gothra. The Rudrabhishek can be seen live through our Shiv Mandir facebook page. Once you sign up for the Rudrabhishek one our Pooja member will call you to explain the process.
- Any other Poojas that can be performed with a crowd of less than 10 people, please contact us to confirm.
May Bholenath shower you with good health, happiness and fortune….Stay Safe. Thank You.
Dr. Sunit Singhal – Chairman
Ravi Mekala – President
1. Due to the change in the Global Mall hours our Priests will perform Daily Arti at 1 PM and 6 PM. Monday Rudrabhishekam will be performed from 4 PM to 6 PM
2. Mandir is open for Darshan only with “No Contact”. Please do not bring any Prasad items (Fruits, Nuts, Flowers, Milk, etc). Our Priests will also not give any Prasad to devotees.
4. Rudrabhishek on Monday’s will be performed. We will try to bring it live through facebook to all of you like last week.
Last but not least, Thank you to our Priests for making sure to perform Pooja’s to Bhagwan and praying on behalf of all of us for our Saftey and Good Health. OM NAMAH SHIVAYA 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
– Shiv Mandir Committee
“🙏🏼!!OM NAMAH SHIVAYA !!🙏🏼
Dear Shiv Mandir Priests, Board members, Executive committee and Devotees:
After careful considerations during a conference call with some of the members, given the current corona virus situation, we have decided the following:
All Mandir events will be on hold until further notice.
Monday Rudrabhishekam will be performed by the Priests; however, the weekly sponsor will be cancelled. Any devotees who visit the Temple during that time, will be requested to do Darshan and leave. During the visit, the devotees will be encouraged not to touch anything.
Aarti – twice a day – will continue as usual. For the time being, devotees can stand during the Aarti. However, as soon as Aarti is over, they will be asked to leave. ‘Ganga Jal’ will not be sprinkled on the devotees.
Priests will maintain regular Mandir hours (for now) but will instruct devotees to not stay; will offer only dry fruits using a clean spoon; will not offer ‘Tika’ or ‘Charnamrit”.
Priests and the Committee members are encouraged to keep the Mandir clean – disinfect at least once daily.
All devotees are requested not to bring/ leave any Prasad items on the table.
Any devotees requesting any Pooja in their homes will be instructed to conduct the Pooja with only immediate family present (less than 10 total people in attendance).
Hopefully, this situation will not last long and we will be able to resume normal Mandir functioning soon.
Om Namah Shivaya!
SHIV MANDIR OF ATLANTA
Rudrabhishek -Every Monday
Satya Narayan Vrat Katha – Every Poornima – 6-8PM on weekdays and 11Am-1PM on weekends.
Sundarkand – First Saturday every month 11AM onwards
Vishu and Lalitha Sahasranamam -Second Saturday every month 11AM onwards
Mata Ki Chowki – Third Sunday every month 11 AM onwards
Ram Amritvani – Fourth Sunday every month 11AM onward
Shiv Mandir of Atlanta is open to all, though it caters mainly to the devotees belonging to Atlanta and its suburbs. We have ambitious plans to move the temple from its present location to a temple building of its own. Shiv Mandir has acquitred 11.4 acres of Land on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard between McGinnis Ferry and Hwy 20. Other related activities geared towards building grand Shiv Mandir are under way.
We welcome you all whole heartedly to your Madir to celebrate and worship Lord Shiva on the auspicious day of Maha Shiv Ratri. Lord Shiv is also known fondly as Devo Ke Dev Mahadev and that makes him worthy of worship not only by earthly human beings but by all devas in the heavenly residence as well.